Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The worm at Tom's Farm

By kiki




One beautiful Sunday in the summer of 1980, my brother Mando, his lady, my lady, and I, and some friends rode our Harleys to San Juan Capistrano. 

After drinking a couple of cold ones at a local watering hole, we decided that we would ride the Ortega Highway into Lake Elsinore on our return trip home, and from there, take the 15 freeway to Tom's Farm, where we would stop for some grub. Tom's Farm is a picturesque spot and a biker's haven in the Corona-Temescal Valley. 

I don't remember what Connie and I ordered or what anybody else did. But I sure as hell do remember what Mando ordered, a hamburger! and here's why I remember that Mando ordered a 'burger. After getting our grub in the inside counter, we made our way outside to the burger-stand patio where we all started digging into the good-looking fare, Mando took a bite of his 'burger, and as he was chewing, a worm reared its head from the 'burger's tomato. Needless to say, we all stopped eating. Mando talked to management, and we all got our money back. I told Mando to save the worm for fishing bait, he replied that he was taking it home so his bird could have it for dinner.



2 comments:

  1. Yup, sharing grub with your guys is good, having a grub in your grub is no good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was a big worm. Looked like a night crawler. Lol!

      Delete