Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Candies

By kiki

One morning Connie was digging deep into her purse, a purse so big that I would probably fit in it, and from among all its junk, she came up with two candy bars. She gave me one, I thanked her and told her how nice it was of her to let me have one of her candies, and then I asked her where she got them from "I bought them from a lady at work, she selling them for her daughter, they are school candies" Connie said to me. She then asked me if I had three dollars; I asked her why she needed three dollars "So I can pay for the candies" Damn! I should have known there was a catch to her being so good with me! She set me up beautifully, but that's okay because I am keeping a tab on her!

The next morning

As the candy lady and I were having a cup of coffee, I had her read my "Candies" post; after reading it, she told me that she was never again going to "give" me another candy 
because, as she put it when I asked her why, "you're a cheapskate."




No comments:

Post a Comment