Thursday, October 18, 2012

Two Old Dudes and Their ’57 Chevy Wagons



By kiki


On a Saturday morning in the mid-'60s, my boys and I were on our way to the Teamsters Gym in DTLA, and as we approached a now-forgotten intersection, we saw that an auto accident had just happened. Two old dudes who looked close to being 80 years old, if not over 80, got into a fistfight over the accident.

When we got to the scene, the accident had just happened. First, I noticed a beat-up 1957 Chevy station wagon lying on its side and an old man crawling out the back window. Then I saw another beat-up '57 Chevy wagon with its front end smashed up and an old man getting out of it. As soon as both were out of their wagons and with no words spoken, they went at each other with flying fists: major chingasos, well, as significant as the old dudes could muster, were flying. I got out of my car, stepped in between them, and had them sit on the curb while we waited for the cops to arrive…LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment