Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Birthday, Babe

                                   
                                             


April 22 is Connie's birthday, and no, I am not telling her age, not that she would mind if I did; at least, I don't think she would, but better to be safe than sorry. Que no?!… This month marks the 69th anniversary of our meeting for the first time…We met during the spring of '54, and after dating that spring and into the summer and fall months, we married on a cold winter day in December of the same year. Yes, we were kids when we got married and had to work hard to make our marriage work; okay, "Connie worked really hard!" But after a long, challenging, and sometimes smooth journey, we find now that we are in the twilight of our life's journey, the so-call "Golden years," if you must, to be the best of times in our marriage. And what did we do to make it the "best of times?" we've learned to stay out of each other's way...Lol! On a more serious note, the truth is that Connie, who can be salty, sensuous, and sweet simultaneously, and I, in the intervening years, learned the art of compromise. We know that neither can have it all our way, so we try to find common ground in whatever endeavors we partake in as we continue our Golden Years Journey.




Connie is a very private person who doesn't do social media; she too doesn't like it that I write about her and post said writings on Facebook and on my blog "Why are you putting my life story out there for everybody to see and read?" I tell her that I only write about the funny things that she does and says, like when she calls me a pendejo when I do something stupid or dumb; or when she does things, such as the time that she made me a hamburger but forgot to put the burger patty in the hamburger. It was hilarious how she rushed out of the kitchen holding a spatula with a patty and yelling, "kiki, wait! I forgot to put the burger in your burger!" She funny? Hell, yes, she is!! But she will still tell me, "I'm not funny!" But the lady is funny without trying to be funny! And, so I write!... Connie has also been the rock that has kept the family foundation from crumbling.

But the above being said, I've been married to her for nearly 69 years, and there is still much about her I'll never fathom, simply because she is a woman.

  
           


Connie, you are a light that will shine forever, and even though you will most likely not see or read this, I wanna wish you a great day on this special day...Happy Birthday, Babe

kiki

6 comments:

  1. Kiki..what a wonderful love story!..Happy Birthday to your beautiful wife...Being married that many years certainly takes lots of compromise...every one has the same conflicts..some give up and others don't. You two have hung in there and that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your beautiful words, I think I know who you are

      Delete
  2. Kiki, This is beautiful that you write about your wife Connie with so much love after all these years together. I love hearing about her and your love and funny stories about her. You have a good antidote for a good marriage and wish you both many, many more years of happiness. Connie does seem to be such a wonderful, caring wife, even though she calls you pendejo, I am sure that it is with love. You guys deserve each other and I wish Connie a very Happy Birthday and luck for putting up with you Hahaha! I will also remain anonymous, but I think you will know who I am by my writing LOL! Keep on writing beautiful stories such as this Kiki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I have a pretty good idea who you are too...Lol!!

      Yes, Connie does seem to has a twinkle in her eyes when she calls me pendejo...Lol!!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! you guessed it! and yes, you are both blessed <3

      Delete