Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Connie and the Guy’s Rent Money

By kiki

I had gotten 6 comps tickets from Don Chargin for the 1972 Rodolfo Gonzalez vs. Chango Carmona fight at the Los Angeles Sports Arena. So I took my wife, Connie, and our one and only daughter, Linda, and our three sons, Fernie, Anthony, and Bobby (now we have four sons), to see the fight. 

We were 15 or18 or so rows from ringside; in front of us was a guy with thousands of dollars, and he was putting all the money on Carmona. So every time he made a bet, all funds were given to Connie to hold. When the Carmona fan was down to his last $100, he couldn't find any more takers, so I went for it and took his bet. 

Well, you should have seen the rush of guys trying to get their money from Connie after Rodolfo won, she didn't know who was who, I got my two hundred dollars from her and told her just give the money to whoever said they won and let's get the hell out of here, which we did, and the guy that lost?
I thought he was going to cry. I suspect he probably lost the rent money.

No comments:

Post a Comment