Thursday, May 12, 2016

Eggs and Chicharrón's

By kiki

I got up and did some laundry, and the hard work got me hungry, so I was thinking, 'The greasy spoon again? I don't think so,' but I don't cook, so what to do? I had to go to the market (Gonzalez) to get some cilantro and carrots for Smoky the Rabbit, and I was hoping that some idea for breakfast would hit my brain while shopping, and did I get a brainstorm? 

As I passed by the ready-to-eat food, I saw some chicharróns in red chili 'chicharróns, and red chili on top of some over-easy eggs' flashed in front of my eyes, but I didn't know how to cook!! Then one of my imaginary friends, Beto, whispered in my good ear, "You can fry some over-easy eggs, and we can have them with the chicharróns" Did Beto say, "We?" 

So I bought the chicharróns, went home, got Connie's new frying pan (I'm in trouble now), and put some cooking oil in it. After the oil got hot, I cracked two eggs in the oil. I turned them over after a minute or so without breaking the yolk. Damn! That's a new one for me!! So with fresh coffee, corn tortillas, and over-easy eggs with chicharróns in red chili, I had a breakfast that the greasy joint can't touch!!... Plus, I am proud of myself, but I won't tell Connie because she will tell me, "Now that you know how to cook, I won't need to cook for you," That won't work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment