Friday, September 23, 2016

Old Man And The Coupons

By kiki

I stopped at CVS earlier this morning to pick up a few things. When I had what I wanted, I walked up to the line of people, about six deep, waiting for the one cashier on duty to help them. I queued behind an old man (yes, he was older than me). The gentleman, between 85 and 90 years old and standing about five feet tall, turned around and told me, "Be ready to wait a while," I asked him why. He said, "fucking coupons" At that, I looked up at the lady being helped, and sure enough, she had about twenty small items, and she had a coupon for every one of those items. I laughed and told the old man, "I don't mind, I'm in no hurry, and besides, I have nowhere to go and nobody to see" He shook his head and again said, "Okay, but when you are as old as me-time is of the essence" He then said in a kind of a loud voice "fucking coupons" - That old gent made my day as there is no better way to start the day than with a good laugh.


I am glad the good Lord blessed me with the ability to see humor where most people don't - I am so happy that I can laugh with other people but, most importantly, at myself too - And being able to see the brightness in life instead of the darkness has made my life a lot easier to live. And when the clock stops ticking for me, it can be said that I laughed at the little things in life and lived life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment