Friday, February 1, 2019

Sweet After the Rains Smalls

By kiki

I'm at an age where sometimes, no, make that most times, I don't remember what I did yesterday. But I have always had an excellent memory of my childhood and part of my teen years: I like to think of it as a monument to the power of childhood memory. - So I was sitting outside with my dogs and taking in the smell the earth gives after a good rain: there was a dampness in the air and the scent of spring earth with it; it was a smell that, like sounds, and flavors, triggered memories: memories of my childhood and early teen years of smelling: after the rains had come and gone, the sweet smell the red clay that was used to make the Simons Bricks gave. No woman's perfume or man's aftershave lotion can do justice to that after the rain's sweet red clay scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment