Friday, March 2, 2012

"Car Problems and The Cucuy"

By kiki

I think the Cucuy has been hanging around our house lately. Why else what happened at the beginning of the week with our cars happen? If it was not for the Cucuy, then what was it?

Sunday, I drove Connie’s car to the local 76 to fill it up; after filling it up, I drove it back home and parked it in front of our house. The following day Connie jumped in the car to go to work; after kissing me goodbye, she hit the starter, and the car wouldn’t start; after trying to start it a couple more times and the vehicle not firing up, I told her to forget it and to take my truck, she did.

After breakfast, I called my son-in-law, Ray, a certified auto mechanic. Lucky for me, Ray has Mondays off; later that morning, Ray came and checked the car out, but he couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t start; Ray told me that he needed the vehicle towed to his house so that he could hook the scanner to it. Ray has his garage set up like a mini auto shop. So I called AAA to pick the car up and told them where to take it, and they did.

Monday evening, after Connie got home, I drove my truck to the 76 and filled it up; I then drove it back home. Early Tuesday morning, I needed to go to CVS to pick up some drugs, and I needed to do it before Connie went to work since I would be without wheels for the day. While Connie was in the shower, I put a jacket over my pj’s and walked out, jumped in my truck, hit the started, and the truck wouldn’t start, the same thing as Connie’s car, the engine would turn, but it wouldn’t fire up. I walked back inside; the house gave Connie the bad news: it looked like she had to spend all day with me; she didn’t like that; I wondered why? I think I am a nice enough dude…LOL!! I asked Connie if she wanted me to rent her a car to go to work; she told me to wait and that she would stay home. She called work and told a girl what was happening with the cars. She then fixed breakfast for us; after breakfast, she told me to go ahead and rent her a car so she could go to work Wednesday, and I did so.

I called Ray again, and he said he would stop by on his way to work, which he did; after checking the truck out, he said that it seemed to be a fuel problem and that he would come back after he got out of work and see if he could fix it. That evening, Ray returned, and he couldn’t get the truck to fire up. I told Ray to fix Connie’s car first and worry about my truck later. Late Tuesday evening Ray called to tell us he had Connie’s car running; he said that the fuel injectors stayed open for some reason or other, and it flooded the engine, one down, one to go.

Wednesday morning, Connie went to work, and I, after being up with Connie, went back to bed. Then, after doing the chisme thing on Facebook, I got up and burned some breakfast. Then, after cleaning up the mess I made in the kitchen, I walked outside, looked at my truck, and after cussing it out, I jumped in, hit the started, and damn if the truck didn’t start right up!

I don’t believe in the Cucuy, but hey! Just maybe?--Did my cussing scare the Cucuy away? Just maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment