Saturday, December 1, 2012

R.I.P. Petunia

                                                     Mary Ellen
                                                   1941-2004

Happy Birthday to my late sister, Mary Ellen, whom we lost in 2004

Little sis. I always think of you, miss you, and love you!!




One image of you embedded in my mind is me leading you by the hand on a cold winter morning as we walked to school one day in the late 1940s; you look so beautiful, all bundled up in your winter clothes. We made our way to the little creek that flowed by our school, and I vividly remember that we stopped and cracked the ice in the frozen creek before making our way up the hill that was our playground at Vail Elementary School...I remember how beautiful you looked in your wedding gown when you married Danny Garcia in 1961… Sis, you're missed by one and all...Give Mom, Pops, and Rachel a big hug for all of us...Till we meet again...love you, Sis.



           Mary Ellen was fondly called "Petunia" by family and friends.

2 comments: