Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013


                                                    By kiki


Well, the New Year is here and I woke up to find that things are still the same as they were yesterday, the last day of the old year. So I guess that things don’t change just because we head into a new year, maybe for some they do, for the ones that make New Year Resolutions and are able to keep them, though I don’t think many are able to keep them for long, It took me years to keep one….One new year back in the ‘70s I was making a new year resolution to quit smoking and drinking while I had a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other, I guess I was trying to fool myself, but hey! I enjoyed my cigarettes and my beer back then! And I’d keep my New Year resolution! Though many years later. And it took a little help from my cancer friend.

No New Year resolutions from me this year, just going to keep being myself and enjoy life with Connie and all the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids while I can.

With the passing years, Connie, who has been the greatest wife, friend, and lover and I have gotten old together and now find ourselves into the winter season of our lives. It has been a long four seasons to be sure. But, for the most part, it’s been a good life. We've had some rough patches in our long journey, no doubt about that, but we worked them out to make it happily into what is now the winter season of our lives. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment