Thursday, June 6, 2013

Breakfast of Champions



                                            Breakfast of Champions




                                                     By kiki

This is what my breakfast has looked like all week. I am trying to lose a few pounds around the midsection.

Our son James and his fiancé, Veronika are getting married on the following weekend. So I needed to take my second-hand store suit, which is my one and only suit; to the cleaners. Last Friday I pulled it out of the closet, where it had been hanging since the last time I had worn it over a year ago. Tried it on and I go "oh-oh!!  "Kind of hard to button it, huh?!" asked Connie

"Yup looks like I need to go buy a new suit" I replied to Connie

"You're crazy; you just bought that suit ten years ago"

"But, babe, if you can buy a new dress for the wedding, why can't I buy a new suit? why the double standard?" I asked Connie

"I get to buy a new dress because I am a woman, besides you wouldn't want me to wear an old dress, do you?  Connie replied to my double standard question...Damn never can beat this woman!!

Can't buy a new suit; so I do the next best thing, go on a self-imposed diet!

Now I don't know if I am going to lose any weight around the midsection, but since I being on this diet this week my diabetes number have come down quite a bit. So maybe it's a good thing Connie didn't let me buy a new suit.

The thing now is am I going to be able to stick to the diet? Can I say no to menudo on Friday’s? no more In-N-Burgers? We'll see, but, it’s going to be tough.

But, damn it! I still need a new suit. After ten years I think my second-hand store suit is out of style!!


                                                           Diet lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment