Sunday, June 2, 2013

Out on a date with Connie

By kiki


Yesterday I told Connie that I wanted to get out of the house today, Sunday, because I needed to get away from the computer for a bit. Being home, I can't let go of that damn machine, I said to her when she suggested that I just walk away for the computer.  I mentioned that we might go and walk around Pico-Rivera's indoor swapmeet. She was okay with that as we went to the swapmeet, And we brought a few things.

Leaving the swapmeet, I asked her, "how would you like a chicharrón burrito?"

"from where? she asked.

"There's a place on Durfee in Pico-Rivera named Vargas'," I reply

She said okay. We drove to Vargas, a place that someone on Facebook mentioned to me a while back. We had never been there, so we didn't know what to expect; Vargas' turned out to be a hole in the wall. You can only buy to take out as they don't have a seating area, not even one table to sit down and eat.

We ordered two chicharrón burritos. They make them only with red chile, we were hoping that they were made with green chile, but it is what it is!

As we were walking back to my truck, Connie suggested that we drive down a couple of blocks to Pico Park and find a table to eat. So we did, and we found a table right away. We sat down to see what these burritos tasted like, well let me tell you, both Connie and I thought they were the best chicharrón burritos we had ever had. We will definitely go back to Vargas, and next time we'll try some of their differed fares.

Getting back on the road, I decided to take a long way home. Connie asked me, "What are you doing; going this way? We could have gone that other way; it's shorter."

I said to her, "take it easy, Babe, we are on an outing; better yet, we are out on a date."

"A date?" she asked as she started laughing her butt off; she then said to me, "kiki, you're so full of shit you need constant flushing" Man, that woman knows how to hurt a guy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Frank, it's been a while since I've eaten at Vargas but I remember the food was good. I'll have to go back for the chicharron burrito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy, this was our first time there and Connie and I really like the Chicharron burrito.

    ReplyDelete