Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Connie called me pendejo again



                                                  By kiki


Yesterday soon after I got home from seeing my doctor there was a knock on the front door, I open the door and our next door neighbor, Mary Ann’s, granddaughter, Kayla, was standing there with a big plate full of cupcakes “Oh, are those from your grandma?” I asked her, I asked her that because Mary Ann is always bringing us cookies.

“No, I am selling them,” she told me. She mentioned something about having to do with school.

“How much?”

“A dollar each” she replied

A little steep I thought, but what the hell, anything to help the school, so I told her “I’ll take ten”

I put the cupcakes on a plate and covered them up. When Connie got home and seen the cupcakes she asked me “and those? Where did they come from?”

I explain to her how I had bought them from Kayla “oh, how much did you pay for them?” “A dollar each” I said, Connie thought that was too much “wow, that’s a lot, fifty cents would have been okay” maybe, but it’s to help the school I told her, she then looked at me and with a twinkle in her eyes and a big smile she called me “pendejo” she then grab a cupcake and walked away. Gotta love that woman!!

2 comments:

  1. See there, I've been called many pendejos in my time, but usually by men who were pissed off about one thing or another that they either took as disrespectful from me, or else wanted who wanted me to believe they felt disrespected. In either case, I don't like it.

    But it's different coming from a woman eating a cupcake that she's calling you a pendejo for paying too much for. I wish I'd been labeled a pendejo more often in that way.

    ReplyDelete