Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Buying A Bottle of Bud Light For Lunch

By kiki


When lunchtime came around, I decided to have a green chili burrito, so I called Burger Depot here in La Puente and ordered one. “It’ll be ready in five minutes,” I was told by the honey on the other end of the line. The Burger Depot burger stand is about half a mile from my house. I jumped on my truck, and I decided to have a beer with the burrito on the way there. So I made a beeline to the nearest juice store, liquor store to you AA members. After parking, I walked in and made my way to the store's back, where the beer fridges were. I grabbed a bottle of Bud Light out of a six-pack (I hate canned beer). As soon as I placed the beer on the counter, the dude working behind said counter, a Korean, told me, “No, can buy one, buy six-pack only.” I told him that I didn’t want a six-pack and that I was in no hurry to get drunk. I then asked him why I couldn’t just buy the one bottle that I wanted “Because nobody buys six-pack with five beers.” I then told him that he could just put another beer in the six-pack; I said, “But if you don’t wanna sell me the one bottle of Bud Light, I’ll just go down the street to another juice store, that Mexican dude will sell me the beer I want. His eyes opened real wide, well as wide as he could open them, and he said, “What juice store? That Messican dude is bad man, don’t go there, I sell you beer. After telling him what a juice store was, I walked out with a 12 OZ bottle of Bud Light…I don’t even know if there is a Mexican owned juice store down the street, but I guess there must be one because the Korean told me, “that Messican dude is bad man”

No comments:

Post a Comment