Thursday, September 3, 2015

Are You a Worrier?

By kiki

I once got some free advice from an old friend and co-worker. As a very young man, I used to worry about everything going on in my life. One day during our lunch hour, my old (he was about 20 years older than me) friend said to me, "I see you are worrying again" I told him that "yes, I'd have a problem" Without asking what the problem was he said, "can the problem be fixed?" I answered that it could be taken care of, "Okay, so stop worrying about it"….He then said, "look, there are; two sides to a problem, whether it's about love, money, legal, or whatever, one, the problem can be fixed, and two, there is nothing you can do about it. Now, if the situation can be improved, why worry about it? Just fix it. And if it can't be fixed, why worry about it? Because worrying about it will not fix it; it will make you older before your time…

I took my old friend's advice to heart, and now I don't worry about a freaking thing, and it drives my wife Connie off the wall "you don't care about anything!" she yelled at me the other day. I tried telling her that I did care but that worrying would not solve anything and that it would only make her older "older!? how much older can we get!?" she asked. I told her that I was looking to get much older. She looked at me as if I was some kind of nut, and as she turned
to walk away, I thought I heard her mutter, "men!"

No comments:

Post a Comment