Thursday, January 14, 2016

Debit Card

By kiki


Earlier this morning, as I was in bed reading a book, I started to get hungry, so I said to myself, "self, get your ass out of bed and go to your favorite greasy spoon and get something to eat" So I jumped out of bed and jumped in the shower for a quick wet down...As I was driving to the greasy spoon, I thought about what I was going to eat. The greasy spoon I frequent regularly has a minimal menu (but cheap), so I decided to go to another greasy spoon; even though it's a slightly higher class food joint, it is still, nonetheless, a greasy spoon...I ordered huevos con chicharrĂ³n en chili Verde, corn tortillas, and cinnamon-spiced coffee. And like the kids say, "it was the bomb" Done eating, I walked up to the beautiful honey working the till, fished out my wallet to dig out my debit card, but, damn, there was no debit card in my wallet! Luckily I had a few coins in my pocket, enough to pay the honey and tip the waitress...

As I drove out of the parking lot, I remembered where I had last used the debit card, "CVS" (bought some drugs). So I drove straight to CVS, and as I walked in, the lady that helped me saw me and said, "I was wondering when you were coming back for your debit card"...Even though it all ended well, I will not tell Connie about this because I know what she will say "so you fucked up again"...Now I don't want to give the impression that Connie uses that kind of language regularly; she doesn't; she does only when I fuck-up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment