Sunday, January 3, 2016

Montebello in Despair





By kiki


After having breakfast Connie and I took a cruise to Brogiere’s Dairy in Montebello to buy orange juice in glass bottles, unfortunately, they were out of it, and they said they wouldn’t have any till Wednesday. We left Brogiere's and headed south on Maple till we got to Date in Simons. We turned east on Date to Greenwood, then south on Greenwood, we then turned east on one of the side streets, maybe Elm St. not sure, but anyway, I couldn’t help but notice how rundown South Montebello is. I remember riding my bike on all those streets east of Greenwood in the early ’50s and thinking how beautiful those neighborhoods were, of course, compare to El Hoyo Simons; any other neighborhood was beautiful to a young kid riding a bike. Put together with mostly stolen parts….Most of Montebello south of Whittier Blvd seems to be in heavy despair…It was sad to see the beautiful city that I love, the one I went to junior high and high school looking so run down!!


No comments:

Post a Comment