Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The US Constitution vs. the Bible

By KiKi

I have some Facebook friends that use the bible when making excuses for Trump's decision making. Any president, in my opinion, that uses the Bible in making decisions that affect all of us should be impeached. A president swears allegiance to the US Constitution, and not to the Bible. In taking that oath the president and other government officials are obliged to follow our constitution in making laws that we all have to live with. and I say that because our system of government is predicated on the freedom of religion. The beauty of the US Constitution is that it gives you the freedom to believe or not to believe in a supreme being.

Now about religious beliefs: I'm a believer. I do believe in a supreme being, and I believe that the day will come when he will judge me for my actions on planet earth, I just hope he will not be too harsh on me. I also believe that my relationship, such as it is, with God is only between him and me, I sure don't feel the need to shout it out in public. I don't go to church often but I pray in my own private way, and while that might not sit well with the religious fanatics it does work well for me because I am at peace with myself and with my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment