Sunday, November 21, 2021

Life is beautiful, but it can be cruel at times

 By kiki

Life is beautiful, but it can be cruel at times: case in point, I was once young, robust, and vibrant. I could party and play with the best of them, used to drink good liquor, smoke great cigars, and could go to work on two hours of sleep. Had nice threads to go nite clubbing, drove new cars going out to dinner. Then one morning, I looked in the bathroom mirror and saw a stranger looking back at me, "who the hell are you, and what are you doing in my bathroom?" So, of course, I asked the stranger, who I was beginning to think was Sancho. But before he could answer, it dawned on me that I was looking at the old-new me. 

The old-new me is a senior old man having a tough time just getting around the house. Getting more withered and sere by the day, my doctor told me I was losing my mind, and I told him he was full of shit. The good liquor, great cigars, nite clubbing in nice threads, and going out to dinner in a new car are all a thing of the past.

I don't party; I can't party! The way I used to. I don't drink or smoke, don't go nite clubbing, or go out to dinner much. Don't have nice threads or a new car. But I have great memories to draw on when I start feeling old and broken down.

No comments:

Post a Comment