Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One summer night at "The Secret Nite Club”

By kiki

One night during the summer of 1960, my friend Coy and I walked into The Secret Nite Club on Whittier Blvd. in E.L.A. As we walked in, a drunken guy walked up to me and said, “you have to buy me a beer” well, Coy and I were short on coins, so we were not buying anybody a beer.

I said to the drunk “man, we are short on coins. We need somebody to buy us a beer”.

He again said to me, “you have to buy me a beer; everybody that comes in here has to buy me a beer, so buy me a beer!” as he was saying this to me, he was putting his hand on my chest and pushing me.

Putting his hand on me was too much for me, so I gave him a soft shove, and he went flying head over heels over a round table that was behind him, just like in the cowboy movies he went flying over the table.

The bartender came running and said to me, “thanks, this guy been bothering everybody that comes in” the bartender and another guy picked the drunk up and showed him the door.

Soon I had guys coming up to me and telling me, “I was just about to do that myself” I just told them, “of course you were”

Coy and I drank beer for the rest of the night without buying a beer ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment