Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Brief Moment in Time



By kiki

Yesterday evening as Connie was doing some ironing in our tiny kitchen, I walked up to the kitchen sink to rinse a glass. Rinsing the glass with my back to her, she squirted water from her ironing water bottle onto the back of my neck; I cupped some water from the water faucet in my hands and threw it at her. She squirted me again, so I threw more water at her. In our golden years, Connie and I were laughing like kids as we threw water at each other. I write this because you don't hear Connie laugh often, but Connie, with her beautiful laughter, brightened our lives and made us young again for a brief moment in time. It's innocent and spontaneous moments like this when you appreciate that particular person in your life, moments when you know the love; after sixty-plus years of marriage is still there...Love you, Babe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment