Tuesday, August 27, 2013

End of summer...2013

By kiki


Well, it looks like the end of the summer of 2013 is just around the corner. I think a little reflection is in order.

For me, it was a quiet summer. Nothing exciting happened all summer, oh, I take that back, our son, James, and Veronika’s June wedding was exciting! It had been a long time since all the family had been together in one place. I had a great time with Connie, our daughter, and all our "sons" and their families at the wedding dance.

One thing we didn’t do this summer, or haven’t done so far yet, was have a family backyard barbecue; and that I miss very much, maybe before we reach that corner we’ll have one, we’ll see.

Other than the wedding and our granddaughter, Sierra, birthday party; this summer was really nondescript, for me anyway. We didn't go anywhere, we didn't make many new memories that will be talked about in the years ahead. But then again when I am asked to go do something fun, go somewhere enjoyable, I don't wanna do any of those fun things, or go anywhere enjoyable, but I guess that's how you get to be when you get old, I really don't know as I had never been old before, but I am learning the ways of the "old life" and other than you're on a short clock; it's not too bad at all. So maybe I could have made this summer 0f 2013 more memorable if I would have gotten off my duff and done something other than spent most of the day on Facebook, but if I would have done that than I would have missed out on all the chismes...Hopefully, I will be around for the summer of 2014, and maybe my computers will all break down next summer, maybe that way I will get out of the house and enjoy the summer with the family. We still have a few hot days ahead of us, after that, we need to start getting ready for autumn. I love autumn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment