Monday, June 23, 2014

Spanish Class and Drivers Ed. Class

By kiki

There was a pretty green-eyed girl I had my eyes on when I attended Montebello High School in the early '50s. Thus, I wanted to be in every class she was in; when she got into a Spanish class, I tried getting into the same Spanish class, and I was told no because I already spoke Spanish, "but it's all slang," I said to the teacher, or whoever it was that told me I couldn't get into that class, it didn't work. She then got into Drivers Ed. So I went and talked to the Drivers Ed. Instructor asked me if I already had a driver's license "yes, I do," I replied. He then asked me why I would want to get into Drivers Ed. If I already had a driver's license, "because I want to be a better driver," I told him. That, too, didn't work because he showed me the door. And the green-eyed girl? She left for another school soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment