Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Mario’s Tacos's

By kiki

I just had the worst breakfast I've had in a very long time—my friends from Pico-Rivera who like to rave about Mario's Tacos. I will never again believe anything you say.

After seeing my doctor at Norris Cancer Center this morning, my son Fernie and I went out looking for a place to have some huevos rancheros. Drove through East LA and Montebello on Whittier Blvd and tried looking for a Mexican Restaurant. Soon we found ourselves in Pico-Rivera. Then I remembered how the people from Pico-Rivers raved on Facebook about Mario's Tacos at the corner of Durfee and Whittier Blvd. We found Mario's, and after parking, we walked in to see that you had to order at a counter…I asked the babe behind the counter if they served breakfast, "not bacon and eggs," she told me, "how about huevos rancheros?" I counter, "Yes," the honey replied. I told her I would have the huevos rancheros and coffee; Fernie said he would have the same. After ordering, we found a table in the near-empty joint. It was still early for the taco and burrito lovers. Soon we were called to pick up our plates at the counter; our breakfasts and coffee were on trays. We picked up the trays and walked back to our table. As I sat down, I told Fernie, "Big mistake coming here" The breakfasts were served on paper plates, the coffees on Styrofoam cups, the forks, and knives were plastic, the salsa looked like tomato sauce, and the huevos rancheros looked like a flat butt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment