Saturday, June 27, 2015

Buying my '81 Cadillac Coupe De Vi

BY kiki



In the early '80s, after one of the boy's big money fights, I decided to buy a new/used car as my old '77 Cadillac Seville was falling apart. I left our body shop and drove to the local Cadillac dealer. I parked in the dealer's used car lot. I was just opening the door of the Seville when a salesman stepped up to the door and asked me, "can I help you, buddy?" "buddy?" I replied, " Yeah, buddy, I wanna buy one of your used cars" After looking at some used Caddy's, I settled on a one-year-old blue 1981 2 door Coupe De Ville…

After agreeing on the price, the salesman asked me to step into his office "so how are you going to finance the car, bank, credit union?" "buddy, I got my own bank in my back pocket," and with that, I pulled a brown paper bag full of dollars out of my back pocket and emptied it on the salesman's desk. I counted the money needed to pay for the '81 and put the rest back in the bag, got my bill of sale, and as I was stepping out of the office with the keys to '81 Cad. I could see the salesman thinking, "drug business gotta be good."




No comments:

Post a Comment