Monday, June 8, 2015

Chata Kicked My butt

By kiki

Yesterday, Sunday, I walked from the living room to our bedroom; as I walked through the hallway, I noticed Chata asleep in the middle of the hallway. I figured I could step around her without waking her up, WRONG!, as I step over her, she became startled and started to get up and, in the process, knocked me on my butt; adding insult to injury, she nibbled at my heel as I was going down for the count. I didn’t go down quietly, though, as I threw a few F-bombs at her as I was going down. As I was lying on the floor cursing, Chata Connie came and helped me sit up against the wall; as I was sitting and checking myself, with Connie’s help, for any broken bones, I notice Chata looking at me, I am sure she was thinking ‘pendejo’ after making sure no bones were broken, Connie. Our daughter-in-law Veronika helped me off the floor. I then hobble to our room, and as I was lying down, I said to Connie, “I am going to be hurting tomorrow; I might have to cancel my doctor’s appointment tomorrow morning” (which I did because I woke up real sore) Connie then told me “you’re such a drama queen” more insult to injury! I think Connie and Chata are on the same team; they are out to get me!!


As I was going down hard, I was thinking about my dad. About 5 months before he died, he had fallen down. A dog was also involved with my dad's fall. Dad broke a hip and had surgery, but he never recovered and died a few months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment