Saturday, August 23, 2014

Too Fatigued to Dance

By kiki

I have been feeling really fatigued for the last couple of weeks, completely drained of energy to do anything. My doctors and I know the cause of it, and it’s one of those “damn if you do, and damn if you don’t” things. The doctors can give me something to pick me up, but in doing so, they would be feeding my cancer, so it looks like this will be my life till the end….I write this not to make you feel sorry or worry about me, but as a quick preamble to another Connie story.

Last night, our son James and his wife Veronika invited us out to dinner to celebrate our daughter Linda’s birthday. I told them that they could join Linda and her husband Ray for dinner but that I was just too darn tired to go out. So they did, and Connie told me that they had a great dinner this morning, and I am glad they did!

 This morning Connie asked me about tonight. We have a wedding reception/dance to attend tonight, and Connie was asking me if I was going to be able to go; I replied to her that it was too early to know, but if I couldn’t go that there was no reason why she couldn’t go herself. With a beautiful twinkle in her eyes, she asked me, “I want to go, I want to dance, can I dance?” “Yes, of course, you can dance, but not too close,” I replied to her question “now, who would want to dance too close with this old lady?” she asked “babe, there are lots of blind guys out there” as those words came out my mouth I knew I had said the wrong thing. With the beautiful twinkle in her eyes gone, she said, “you think only blind men would want to dance close to me?! You’ll see tonight!” Go to the dance or not. I know where I’ll be sleeping tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment