Saturday, February 14, 2015

Conversation with Self



By kiki


I was like this dude last night; I just couldn’t sleep. I went to sleep early; I slept maybe a couple of hours, then woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep. So I did what most people that can’t sleep at night do, I started a conversation with Self. The conversation was mostly one-sided, as I did most of the talking. Self-was finding it hard to get a word in edgewise. Self finally told me to shut up and to listen to him. Self then told me that I couldn’t sleep because I was listening too much to my imaginary friends, Beto and Chuy and that if I was smart enough, I would dump these so-call low-class friends so that I could get some sleep. I told Self that that was hard to do because my friends had my ear, but I agreed that they were low-class dudes. Not my fault most of my friends come from low places, "but low places are where I hang my hat at," I told Self. Finally, after agreeing to try and find new friends, I started to get sleepy, I closed one eye, and before I could close my other eye, Chata, the British Bulldog walked into the room and told me she needed to go outside to take care of business…Now I need a nap!!

2 comments: