Wednesday, February 25, 2015

“Dream a Little Dream of Me”

By kiki

I still remember the day, circa 1972, when I rode up on my Harley to my mom and dad's house in South Whittier. I found pops lying under some trees in one of those backyard lounging thingies.

 His eyes closed as he listened to his small transistor pocket radio softly blaring Dream a Little Dream of Me by Mama Cass. I gave Pop a gentle nudge to see if he was asleep. He opened his eyes and said, "Hi, Mijo" I asked him, "pops, what are you listening to?" "Mijo, I'm listening to Mama Cass sing this beautiful song," I asked Pop if he liked Mama Cass, and he said that he did, and here all this time, I thought he only liked Agustin Lara's love songs. The moral of the story is that sometimes you don't know everything about the people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment