Saturday, December 7, 2013

“A Date Which will live in Infamy”




                          
                                   “The Greatest Generation”

By kiki
 

Today, December 7, 2013, we give thanks and honor all those who served in WWII

Below are some family members that took part in that great conflict

Ray “Rata” Gonzalez from Pico, CA: (marriage) Ray who served in the Philippines was one of my uncles; who when I was a young teenager would take me to the fights.

Ralph Adame from Pico, CA: Ralph was my mom’s brother. Ralph served in the European Theater. While serving in Italy he married a young girl, Tina. A son, Tony, was born to Ralph and Tina in Italy.

Pete Soto from Pico, CA: (marriage) Pete saw action in the European Theater. He fought in Germany and at the Battle of The Bulge. Thanks to my cousin Becky Ybarra (Pete's daughter) for the info.

Florentino “Melon” Baltazar from Simons, CA: was my dad’s brother, Melon, as he was called served in the European Theater. Melon was awarded the Purple Heart while serving in Europe.

Toddy Juarez from Pico, CA: (marriage) I don’t know anything about Toddy’s service to our country. I was ring bearer on Toddy’s marriage to my aunt Lupe.
                                                    

                                            
                                             Magdaleno Baltazar
                                                    Simons, Ca. 

 Mag was my dad's brother. Mag was awarded the Purple Heart while serving in North Africa. We lost Mag a few days ago, December 2, 2013, at the age of 93.

No comments:

Post a Comment