Thursday, December 5, 2013

Decermber 4, 2013



                                                   By kiki



This morning Connie and I woke up real early, okay, Connie did, I woke up at 1:00 AM because she had the TV on. I went to back to sleep and woke up again at 2:30 AM, been awake ever since. After watching the news and reading some of the newspaper with my morning coffee I called Bobby to see if he could chip in some money to help pay Tio Magdaleno funeral, he said yes, I told him to send it to Connie, she will see that it gets to Alice.  I then got up around 7:00 AM and jumped in the shower…After showering I left the house to go get something to eat at the greasy spoon joint that I frequent just about every morning during the week, I do that because from Monday thru Friday I am home by myself and I don’t know how to cook, I can’t even boil water!

I order me an egg sandwich, white only, coffee and water. I continue to read the newspaper as I ate. Things were going fine until I started choking on my sandwich. I knelt over to my right, I couldn’t-breath or swallow my food, I started to sweat, my eyes started to water, my nose started running, seem like everything was on “start” the waitress and her husband came to my aid, but they really didn’t know what to do, hell, neither did I!. First thing that came to my mind was ‘hey, not now, I just renewed my driver’s license yesterday, don’t even have the hard copy yet’ after what seemed like a long time, but in reality it was just minutes I was able to swallow water. I sat there drinking water till I felt good enough to drive home, once I got home I went right back to bed…As I type this my arms feel real heavy, my lips feel a little numb and my chest feel it has a heavy weight on it…I really would like to see my driver’s license hard copy before my calendar runs out, but like the old song says “Que Sera sera”

It’s a good thing the driver’s license come with a photo of the licensee, otherwise Sancho would be driving Connie’s Honda Accord with my license while smoking my stogies to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment