Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day after Christmas: 2013

By kiki

Well, here we are the day after Xmas 2013, and how did it go? I am sure for the family, it was indeed a bittersweet moment in time. It was so because we lost our precious great-granddaughter, Ashlynn Rea, a month after Xmas 2012: January 2013. Ashlynn was less than a year old when we lost her in a tragic accident.

On this Xmas morning, as we opened our presents, my mind flashed back to Xmas 2012, and for a brief moment in time, I thought I was seeing Ashlynn Rea opening up her presents, but when I came back to reality, she wasn’t there. To get over that bittersweet moment that came over me, I busied myself shooting pictures of the family opening their presents, but the image of Ashlynn Rea opening up her presents and smiling at me with her big blue eyes never left me. After that, the menudo and tamales somehow lost a bit of their taste. 

This was a story that had occurred before. Some years back, maybe ten, we lost our grandson Kody. Kody, a beautiful little boy, was about five years old when we lost him. I am sure that Ashlynn Rea and Kody opened the presents they received from God while we were opening our gifts. I am sure those two little guys are keeping their eyes on grandpa!!  And guys, soon we’ll be spending Christmas together again….Missing and loving you, My Little Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment