Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Living in the past

                                               By kiki


Living in the past? Unfortunately, or maybe, fortunately, depending on your perspective, the past is all some of us have left. I was talking to my friend Don Fraser and he was telling me that unlike some people he doesn't like living in the past, he said he like to think about the future, I then asked him how old he was, I knew how he old was, but I asked him to make a point, "I am 87 years old" said Don," Don at 87, how much of a future do you think you have?" I asked him, I, then proceeded to tell him, "Don, you and I only have two things now, we have the past and we have today, today is our future, and if tomorrow comes for us, well, that's just a bonus....I think I left him feeling somewhat depressed...P.S. Don thinks I am crazy...:)

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely put Kiki, I wouldn't have thought of that answer! It makes lots of sense, especially since I always dig into my memories Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. I love having fun with my friend Don. Btw, he thinks I am crazy..LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow Kiki! Your answer makes a lot of sense :-D Maybe cause I constantly dig into my memories and make them come alive Lol!

    ReplyDelete